Best Golf Reviews,
Being a supporter of the game, while playing, you always have to know how far you are from the hole at all times. Even though we have all the Drivers and Irons, you have to master the angles of a shot so you can get the most distance each time you hit the ball.
In golf, innovation is the name of the game. The software and design of these GPS units are made to take your game to the next level. While playing, you could try to figure out all the distances with a pen and paper or calculator. Instead, why not just use a Golf GPS and make the next round a little easier. As it goes, there are a good deal of Golf GPS Units on the market today.
These small and durable devices come with preloaded and downloadable maps that show the course you are playing on. This way you never have to guess how far your next shot has to be. Now we will show you a few of the best GPS units available.
1 – Best Garmin Approach G8 Golf Course GPS
They tried to bundle the accessories together. This way you don’t have to buy separate components. They are all packed into a special gift box. You would get a protective hard case, which will protect the unit while out on the course.
Comes with a USB charging adapter, which can be used at home or in most of the modern day cars, this will ensure the unit would be charged when needed. This is placed inside one sturdy black gift box, with a red bow and a decorative crinkle paper so you can give it as a special gift or have it to use for yourself.
The gift box includes the Garmin Approach G8 Handheld Golf GOS unit, a handy belt clip, a USB charging cable, a hard carrying case, a PlayBetter ISB Wall charging adapter and a PlayBetter USB car charging adapter.
This unit has a built-in PinPointer Technology which would find the center f the green, even if you could not see it. Having a Bluetooth technology, you can receive emails, texts and alerts, direct from your iPhone, while you are playing. This GPS unit adjusts for both uphill and downhill shots to give you a correct distance to the target.
While featuring a 3″ touchscreen which is bright and easy to read, even during the brightest days. For an even clearer view, you can increase the font sizes. The memory of this G8 will remember how far you hit the ball with each club and offer recommendations on which club to use.
- Plays like Distance Gives The Golfer Distances To The Target, Adjusted For Uphill Or Downhill Shots
- Smart Notification Receive Email, Texts And Alerts From Your IPhone (4S Or Later) Directly On Your Golf
- Handheld; Physical dimensions:2.1 x 4.4 x 0.6 inches
- Garmin Connect Online golf community lets you play, then share and compare your round; visit connect.garmin.com to find out more
- Club Advice Remembers how far you hit each club, and provides recommendations on which club to use based on your shot distances PINPOINTER Provides blind shot assistance by pointing you in the right direction when you are unable to see the pin (G8 only)
- Big Numbers Mode For easy viewing on your screen, increase the font size for distances to the front, back and middle of the greens AUTOMATIC COURSE UPDATE Device automatically updates courses with a Wi-Fi connection for no additional charge (G8 only)
- 142 Customer Reviews and has a 4.3 out of 5 star rating
2 – Best Bushnell Neo Ghost Golf GPS
This Bushnell Neo Ghost Golf GPS/Black is a pocket sized unit which is preloaded with 35,000 + courses from around the world, not just where you live. Easy to read the front, center and back distances. Up to 4 hazard distances per hole. No downloads and no membership fees ever.
Has a long battery life, where you can play 3 full rounds of golf before recharging. Auto course recognition, Auto hole advance, easy to read screen, hazard distances, and easy to use interface. Comes with a multi-function clip and a USB charging cable.
There are many Bushnell GPS rangefinders out there, we just felt that this one was one of the better ones.
- Tournament legal pocket-sized easy to use golf GPS pre-loaded with 30,000+ courses
- Long battery life means you can play three rounds before charging
- Auto course recognition and auto hole advance
- Easy to read distances to front center and back of greens
- Up to four custom hazard and layup distances per hole. Please refer user manual attached below for instructions and troubleshooting steps.
- 1156 Customer Reviews and a 3.9 out of 5 star rating
3 – Best Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Touchscreen Golf Course GPS
This Garmin Approach G6 has more than 25,000 preloaded worldwide courses (no subscriptions, no fees) and an internal rechargeable battery. This G6 is the ultimate GPS unit for the serious layer. It is made with a sleek, slim design for a better plausibility. Still, featuring a glove-friendly colorful touch screen.
This unit has 2 buttons for instant access to the Green View, shot measure and digital scorecard. Plus its waterproof and tough enough to take the brunt of the game. This Garmin Approach G6 rewrites the rules for golf course availability. This rechargeable battery lasts up to 15 hours so you can play a whole weekend on a single charge.
Screenshots of layup’s arcs at 100, 150, 200 and sometimes 250 yards to let you know exactly how to hit it when laying up. The Touch Targeting screen lets you touch any point on the sunlight readable display, and the Approach G6 shows the precise distance to that exact spot — fairway, hazard landing area or the front, middle and back of the green.
With their enhanced stat tracking it keeps track of the fairway hits, greens in regulation, and putts per round. Even being able to check your stats on the course during each round, but you can also print them out on your home computer.
Approach, a feature on this G6 unit helps you zero in on the pin with Green View. Just tap the flag on the map and zoom in on the green — then drag the flag to position it where you see it, giving you a more accurate yardage. In this box you get the Garman Approach G6, a USB Cable, an A/C Adapter, a Belt Clip and a Manuel.
- Water resistant golf GPS with 2.6-inch transflective color TFT touchscreen
- Preloaded with over 27,000 worldwide courses
- Course preview (see detailed, hole-by-hole preview)
- Stat tracking keeps track of fairways hit, greens in regulation and putts per round
- Touch-targeting to see distance to any point
- 560 Customer Reviews and a 4.1 out of 5 star rating
4 – Best Izzo Golf Swami 5000 Golf GPS Rangefinder
This Swami 5000 GPS is the new and improved version of the Swami 4000+. This unit gives you everything you need right in the palm of your hand. Get all the accurate distances to the front, center and back of the green. The distances to the front, back of hazards and doglegs for more than 30,000 courses around the world, with no annual fees.
Having a sleek new color screen, scorecard and shot distance measurements. This Swami 5000 is the next handheld GPS you need to have. It features a new scorecard feature that allows you to keep track of your score from hole to hole. It also stores the last 10 rounds and displays your total in the bottom left of the screen. Having a shot distance measurement you will finally be able to measure how far the shots from your driver or irons go.
With this technology it can accurately determine who shot the longest drive in your group. It features a full color 2 inch display. When there are hazards in the way, it also tells the distances from sand traps, water or out of bound shots.
This Izzo Swami 5000 is one of the fastest, easiest to operate hand held Golf GPS devices around today. Having incorporated the features of the Swami 4000 + and the new features of the Swami 5000, giving the Swami uses the best of both worlds. The battery has a 12 hour + battery life. Also, included is a belt clip to hold your device securely while on the course. Also having an easy change magnetic USB charger, Durable, water resistant and has a 1-year limited warranty.
- Distances: F/C/B to greens; layup/carry to hazards & doglegs
- Preloaded 30,000+ global course maps; no annual or download fees
- Auto course recognition & hole-advance
- New slimmer profile & larger 2-inch color LCD
- New improved 12+ hr battery life & scorecard feature (save & view scores)
- 120 Customer Reviews and a 3.9 out of 5 star rating
5 – Best Skygolf Skycaddie Touch GPS
Introducing the Skygolf Skycaddie Touch GPS which acquires distances with a simple touch. This unit features a glove-friendly, easy to use, easy to read, touchscreen with Bluetooth connectivity to give golfers with the ultimate user experience and convenience when coupled with a free Smartphone App. The TOUCH has a high-resolution, sunlight readable, color display that expands the dominance of Skycaddies preloaded maps over its competition. Skygolf Skycaddie Touch GPS has some of the newest features out there.
* Interactive HoleVuea with patented, auto zoom gets the distances you need to avoid hazards so you can play a smart game from the tee to the green. *Having a Dynamic RangeVuea, which displays multiple yardage arcs, overlay fairway landing areas and greens so you can select the best club for every shot more quickly. *Intelligence displays the exact shape of the green from the angle you are shooting the ball from.
*Get front carry and back distances, depth of the green, and distances to any other point on the green. *Target List displays a list of distance up to 40 points a hole, from hazards bunkers, water, and layups. *Unlimited access to SkyGolf, a TMs preloaded 40,000 and error corrected worldwide course maps. *Large 3 inch high-resolution sunlight readable glove-friendly touchscreen.
*Syncing to the Skygolf 360 mobile apps which allows digital scorecard and statistical tracking. *This Skygolf 360 apps allows you to download the latest course maps without ever plugging into a computer. *Measuring all the distance of each hit so you could learn which club would be better to use for each shot.
*It has auto course selection, auto hole, autozoom, auto distance and auto green depth. *Auto view allows immediate access to IntelliGreen and the Scorecard. *A Lithium-ion polymer battery which lasts up to 12 hrs of play. *Only weighs 3.8 ounces.
- SkyCaddie Touch features a 3-inch color display with 40000 preloaded high definition maps over is competition
- Bluetooth wireless capabilities provides easy access to the most reliable accurate course maps without hooking up a cable to your computer
- Interactive holes with patented auto zoom gives an eagle’s view of the entire hole and gives distances you need to avoid hazards from tee to green
- Digital scorecard and statistical tracking Syncs to the free skygolf 360 mobile apps to upload instantly to the skygolf cloud for analysis of your game
- Trueground target list displays distances to hazards, bunkers, water, and layup areas
- 63 Customer Reviews and a 3.8 out of 5 star rating
The Best Golf Range Finders
You also have Range Finders in the form of Binoculars, but this is not the correct way of doing it, here are some for you to check out. Their versatility is great at a Golf Course, Gun Range or even out Hunting to see how far the targets are for a great shot. On the golf course, a Rangefinder can be your best buddy, beside the guys you are playing with. When finding out how far you have to go to the green, this small unit can tell you basically which golf club you should use.
1 – Best TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder – Laser Range Finder with Pinsensor – Laser Binoculars – Free Battery
The Tec Tec Tec VPRO500 has the latest technology, making it more accurate and flexible than any other measuring device. The distances are measured quickly, improving your game. This Lazer Range Finder even has a functionality called diaopter to provide a clear view. Whether you are near-sighted or far-sighted, the object you are measuring will be clear and its distance will be found using the fast measuring technology.
The VPRO500 has 3 different scanning modes that are reliable for every situation. With its builtin Pinsensor which lets you accurately measure over lapping targets and is perfect for measuring the distance to pin locations in wooded areas. Its measurement locking function will give you a greater confidence.
Now there is no need to guess the distance. Just use the VPEO500. This laser rangefinder provides a true measurement accurate within +/- one yard, helping you to find distances to flags, trees or hazards that may be in the way. So you will have a comprehensive idea of the surrounding areas with only one look through the multi layer lens and bring your game to the next level.
This rangefinder comes with a fully equipped carrying case, free CR 2 battery, wrist strap, micro fiber cleaning cloth and a quick start guide for an easy setup. This shock resistant case guards against any impact or poor weather. A high visibility, with a yellow design lets you find your VPRO500 easily. Since it is so portable and reliable, there is no reason not to use it on every shot.
- LASER RANGEFINDER; Our VPRO500 Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, measuring up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode, advanced Pinsensor technology, and a durable, water resistant body
- PINSENSOR TECHNOLOGY; provides fast measurement with 1 yard accuracy, together with Pinsensor technology to accurately measure overlapping subjects, perfect for measuring golf flags, hazards and wooded areas (Yards or Meters).
- THROUGH THE LENS DISPLAY; premium, ultra clear, multilayered optics with easy read, through the lens display with distance and battery meter, and continuous measurement mode for fast, convenient measurements.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE; measures just 104 x 72 x 41 mm and weighing just 185g, with a water and dust resistant, durable body, perfect for carrying while golfing or hunting, or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk.
- FULL PACKAGE; (Eye-safe rangefinder Class 1 laser with <0.5mW average power output) Complete rangefinder package for quick setup, including premium carrying pouch, CR2 battery, strap, microfiber cleaning cloth, quick start guide, TecTecTec Happy Guarantee (2 Years) and Lifetime customer support.
- 2501 Customer Reviews and has a 4.3 out of 5 star ranking
2 – Best TACKLIFE MLR01 900 Yard Laser Rangefinder – Golf Range Finder with USB Charging, 1/4” Mounting Thread, Water Resistant, Ranging/Speed/Scanning Model for Golf, Hunting, Outdoor Using
When you are going to be out on the course, what instruments do you need and want? What would help your game improve? TackLife MLR01 Rangefinder would enhance the game you love to play. This rangefinder has the latest technology. It can measure 900 yards while being more accurate and flexible then another measuring device.
It contains a 750 mah rechargeable lithium battery being useful and convenient. The measuring model of this rangefinder can be changed by one button, for your convenience. You can use the Range Feature, the Speed Feature or the Scanning Feature to measure objects in different conditions. This rangefinder was built to be splash proof and dust proof.
It was built with an automatic shutoff if not used for 20 seconds when not in operation. Since it is a laser product, Class One, you should never stare into the beam or view with optical instruments. If there is fog while playing on the course, it may affect the accuracy of the measurements. When using this rangefinder for measuring distance you should be more then 3 meters away.
One of the people in a review, said that this lightweight laser rangefinder was compact, easy to use and handy to carry. It is great that it has an adjustable focus for a clearer image of the target. With the 2 modes, one for range and the other for speed, gives you a sense of superiority. It will also measure a straight line, angle, horizontal and vertical heights with one push of a button.
They built it durable and it seems to be of a great quality so far. Coming with a hard carrying case to keep it safe, It is also great to be able to use it at the gun-range as well. So to get a rangefinder that can do 900 yards for a mere $100, you can’t beat it.
- 900 YARD MEASURE DISTANCE – Our laser range finder is built with durable quality, it can be measured up to 900 yards; And with 7x magnification and full multi-coated, can make the imaging clearer and true; It also has water resistant body
- ▲ USB CHARGING – Our rangefinder is equiped with 750mah rechargeable lithium battery; It can be measured more than 30000 times after a full charged, very useful and convenient; You needn’t to change the batteries and worry the electricity, it also can be charged by power bank
- ▲ 1/4” MOUNTING THREAD – Equipped with 1/4”Tripod Screw Hole, can work better with the tripod, it will make the measurement more convenient and sable, Especially for long distance measurement
- ▲ HIGH PRECISION – Magnification x objective: 7x 24mm; Range measure accuracy: ±1yard; Speed measure accuracy: ±5km/h; Angle measure accuracy: ±1°; You can transform the units between meters and yards easily
- ▲ LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE – The rangefinder is 4.6*3.1*1.8in, only 180g, very easy to carry; It also has wrist strap, can be worn around your wrist to avoid dropping it and easy to carry; Equipped with a durable pouch, can be stored safely and conveniently; Suitable for golf, hunting, mountaineering, and outdoor using
- 8 Customer Reviews and has a 5 out of 5 star rating
3 – Best Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Rangefinder
Bushnell golf brings you the next evolution of a Pinseeker with this JOLT technology in the Tour V4. This Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT is the replacement for the ever popular Bushnell Tour V3. Rather, then adding all kinds of unnecessary features they focused on ease of use. This doesn’t mean that the V4 is not rich with features. It has an impressive set of features and specifications which will cover all your needs on the course.
Bushnell says, the tour V4 JOLT has the perfect combination of size, speed, accuracy and JOLT. The V4 is 30% smaller than the V3. Due to being smaller it will fit into your hand or pocket very comfortably. Weighting less then 6 ounces and being smaller it is perfect for golfers who want to carry the lightest bag possible.
The unique feature Bushnell has done with this V4 is their JOLT technology. When using most laser rangefinders, it can be a bit challenging to know when the device has properly picked up the intended target. JOLT technology gets rid of the guess and check situations. When using the Pinseeker with JOLT technology, the device provides a slight vibration or jot when properly locked onto the flag. This way you know you are getting the most accurate yardage to the correct target.
Apart from being a measuring device, a rangefinder gives the player a clear view of the target. The Tour V4 has a 5x magnification, which gives a much closer view, ensuring that you have a clear view of the flag stick. Bushnell also improved the focus mechanism to help maintain a clear image. Having a single slide focus ring above the eyepiece, which can easily be adjusted with the index finger. The V4 has a range of 5-1000 yards and can scan the area within 400 yards to the flag.
It provides the measurements with a +/- 1 yard accurately. This V4 is also water resistant, so it can be used in light rain without worrying about damaging it.
- Pin seeker with jolt Technology provides you with short Vibrating bursts to reinforce the laser has laced onto the flag
- Accurately ranges from 5 to 1,000 yards and 400+ yards to a flag within one yard
- 5x magnification and a fast focus System lets you see your shot clearly
- Legal for Tournament play and is Pro Certified
- Premium carry case, battery and 2-year limited Warranty are included
- Class 1 laser with <0.5mW average power output
- 161 Customer Reviews and having a 4.6 out of 5 star rating
4 – Best Precision Pro Golf Nexus Laser Rangefinder – Golfing Range Finder Accurate up to 400 Yards – Perfect Golf Accessory
At Precision Pro Golf their main concern is producing distance measuring products that are accurate, stylish and simple to use The whole idea is to help golfers make better decisions on the golf course, to play better golf, you need to have the correct information.
This Nexus Laser Rangefinder gives you the exact distances to the flag, making your club choice simple and consistent. The laser technology is accurate to 1 yard and shoots distances to the 1/10 Th of a yard. It has an Advanced Target Lock Function which filters out the background objects ensuring you shoot for the flag not beyond it. This Rangefinder will help you play better, practice better and improve your accuracy.
Who should use the Nexus Laser Rangefinder? Any golfer looking for exact distances to specific targets on the golf course. This Nexus Rangefinder allows you to shoot distances to the flag, bunkers, trees and other objects with accuracy to the yard.
Whether you are an everyday golfer or just go out and play a few rounds occasionally, you would still need a good rangefinder, and one of these are the Nexus Rangefinder from Precision Pro Golf. It is a compact and light device that has a range of 400 yards. Having a 6x Magnification, Advanced Target Lock and Scanning Function gives this rangefinder an advantage over some of the other rangefinders out there. Also having a 3 volt battery, a lanyard, cleaning cloth and a beautiful carrying case.
- ACCURATE DISTANCES: the Nexus is better at measuring to the flag than you are at guessing. The 1-yard accuracy gives you the confidence to pick the correct club.
- USER FRIENDLY: our technology makes the Nexus simple to use even for golfers with shaky hands.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: water-resistant design, accurate to 1 yard, 400-yard range, 6X magnification, 1/10-yard measurements, yards and meters measurements, tournament legal.
- 400 Yard Measuring Range- ensures you’ll never be out of range of the target.
- Includes: Nexus Rangefinder, Carrying Case, 3 Volt Battery, Lanyard, Cleaning Cloth, Instruction Manual, 1-Year Warranty.
- 126 Customer Reviews with a 4.2 out of 5 rating
5 – Best Nikon Golf Coolshot 80 VR Golf Laser Rangefinder
This Cool Shot 80 VR represents a major step in golfing technology. By helping take away the cold, wind, unbalanced positions, physical exertion or just old tournament pressure that can have on a golfer. Nikon Optical VR technology reduces external vibrations caused by inadvertent hand movements while ranging objects.
For golfers, this means the target mark on the rangefinder remains stable, even when the body of the Rangefinder is being moved. This not only provides the person with a steady image, VR also stabilizes the activated laser, allowing it to maintain a greater alignment for the enhanced measurement that it is to perform.
Plan your shots quickly and effortlessly. Press and hold the power button and the Coolshot 80 VR will continuously measure the range for up to 8 seconds. This is most valuable when measuring multiple small or thin objects, which allows you to know the distances of hazards, pins, mounds and trees.
With this 8 second continuous ranging feature, you have the ability to get on target faster. This unit is an all weather companion. Being waterproof and the battery compartment being rainproof.
- Vibration Reduction (VR) Technology
- LOCKED ON Technology
- Measurement range: 8-1,000 yds
- First Target Priority algorithm-useful for measuring the distance to a flag stick on a green with woods in the background
- 8-second continuous measurement, which enables measurement even with slight hand movement
- 14 Customer Reviews and having a 4.4 out of 5 star rating